You have a number of ideas and need to evaluate and narrow your focus.
Why Use It
• Explore relationships and tensions between two goals, values, motivations, or other characteristics.
• Prioritize your ideas using criteria important to you and your customers.
How to Use It
1. Experiment with word pairs for axis labels. It often takes a
few iterations to arrive at useful labels for analyzing ideas. We find it useful to use words that are opposites (high / low) and impact feasibility (great / poor).
2. Place idea Post-Its in the appropriate quadrants. You should have Post-Its in all quadrants. If you find they are all clustered in one quadrant, brainstorm another axis label.
3. Photograph the populated 2×2 and related notes.
4. Iterate: Develop multiple versions of 2x2s to uncover additional insights and refine your point of view on which ideas to explore first..