Give great people with great ideas the time and freedom to pursue them.
How it Works
· Employees can spend up to 10% of their time on Unstructured Time projects they’re passionate about
· If employees prefer, they can aggregate their Unstructured Time into contiguous blocks.
· Regular project planning will assume the 10% use of Unstructured Time across all employees
Employees love Unstructured Time because it incorporates Dan Pink’s 3 Elements of True Motivation:
1. Autonomy – the desire to direct our own lives
2. Mastery – the urge to get better and better at something that matters
3. Purpose – the yearning to do what we do in the service of something larger than ourselves
How it’s Used
1. Solve important customer problems
2. Make our work/code environment better
3. Professional Development
Since Unstructured Time was launched company-wide at Intuit in 2008, it has generated hundreds of big and small success stories including most of our organic new offerings (including SnapTax, GoPayment, and ViewMyPaycheck).
Watch Our Innovation Video